Monday, April 14, 2008

The beginning

I thought the first post I should do should be a little to introduce myself. I am a 25 year old single mom to a 7 year old boy. I grew up in between Baltimore and DC but now live closer to Baltimore.
The condensed version of my story is that I met my son's father when I was 16 and he was 23 and "fell in love". And then I got pregnant when I was 17, gave birth to a bouncing baby boy 6 days before my 18th birthday. Then 2 months later got married and 4 years later that went belly up so we separated. I moved in with my grandmother to finish my last year of college and he moved in with his mistress.
I graduated but it took a year to find a job which is no where in my field but hey it pays the bills and allowed us to move into a house with a roommate. There has been plenty of drama that has gotten me to where I am but I am here, standing and taking care of my business which is more than I can say for my ex. His mistress is now gone and he has had to move in with his sister. I have my son most of the time even though he has finally said he thought he could take him every other weekend. It literally took 3 years to get to that point. I am crossing my fingers that it will work. We will see and I will keep you posted.
So that is me in a nutshell a single mom with silly drama from my ex and probably assorted others.

1 comment:

MMC said...

Lovin' the new blog :) Your writing style is great. Keep it up!