Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Break time at work

So I was taking a little break at work today getting my fill on the interweb and what do I come across but this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269290/?gt1=43001

It was on the MSN homepage. This family from NJ has named their son Adolf Hitler b/c the name is unique. WTF? Ok so I am reading this article and the dad is trying to defend his actions by saying he likes the name and wanted his son to have a unique name. He is upset b/c a store wouldn't spell out his son's name on a birthday cake, these people had to go to PA to a Wal-Mart before getting it done. I may be able to excuse this lapse in judgement had the article not said they have also wanted to have a swaticka on a cake before and had their other kids names not been... wait for it...JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie what is this about???
Oh but dad said if his children grow up to hang out with other races he will be fine with that? Really???
This is why there is hate out there in this world!!! Are you kidding me? I mean come on now!! Hate is a learned thing and I bet these children are being taught things at home that other parents aren't going to like. I remember a young girl calling my son the N word, I was so pissed b/c I had to explain to him that that is a bad bad word and then try to figure out how to deal with this child and her grandmother. This girl was 6 at the time! You know she picked that up at home. The worst part about that was it happened at a friends wedding and I didn't want to cause a scene but how else do you handle that???
So all in all why is this still going on? I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but can't they try to see things from other perspectives?
Now back to the grind stone.

1 comment:

MMC said...

I heard about that on the radio this morning. I couldn't believe it.

We just have to raise our children to know that there are people like that out there and we must not be ignorant like them.