Thursday, September 24, 2015

Taking the High Road



Tonight I came across the above Kermit meme. I saved it to my phone but did not repost on social media, I took the high road, again.
Its been 10 years of the high road and I am tired. I am in tears over here for my child bc I hate seeing him pushed aside. I think its hitting me harder this month bc this month my son turned 15 and his dad couldn't even send a card on time. It was almost 2 weeks late. This is after 6 + months of no child support, you'd think he had saved up enough money to send his kid a card after 6 months of not supporting him any other way.
In my head I have started thinking of him as my sons bio dad, no longer a father bc before I could say at least he paid his child support but now that he isnt paying or making any effort to fix the payments I have lost all kind of respect for him. However as my child still sees him as his father I cannot start referring to him as bio dad out loud.
I am so frustrated right now that I cannot get his father to care, I cannot get the child support system to help me make him pay, I am frustrated with the high road.
I know the high road will pay off in the end. I know that I have slipped up some when something has come up with the kid, I had to break down and tell my son about the lack of child support as we had to cut back. When the kid tried to feel bad for his father, I told him my feelings on choices as in his father has made some bad choices that have lead him to where he is and that is on him, not my son. I do my best not to harp and to take the the high road but some days its hard and today is a hard day.

No comments: