Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Thanksgiving 2008
Its not even noon yet and I already have my first wound. I got a call on Tuesday asking if I could make a chicken dish for the ex laws that I used to make when I was married. I cant say no to anyone so of course I said yes.
Well I am working on this dish which takes too much time which is why I don't make it very often. I had just read my friends blog about her oven going up in smoke so when I started to hear noises from my oven I was thinking oh shit I have to turn it off and head out to the ex laws now to cook. Blah.
Then I remembered there was a skillet thing in the oven so I looked and that was what the noises were from, awesome!!! I pull out the skillet with one hand a potato and knife in the other and my child no where to be found b/c I needed someplace to put this pan. The stove was and still is covered in the pots I need to cook this dish. I yell for the child who has disappeared into the bathroom (as of late this has been a regular occurrence, this will have to be saved for another blog) so the kid is no help. Fine I get that all situated and go back to peeling and cutting potatoes.
It comes time to wash a potato and what does my dumb ass do???? I burned my arm-my war wound! So I yelped b/c it hurt, the kid calls back, "now what?" Oh hell no child where do you get off saying now what? He has been playing with his figures and complaining that I won't let him turn off the parade, damn it this is going to be our tradition if I have to drag him into it kicking and screaming!!!
So I have my first war wound, in a couple of hours we will be off the ex laws, lets see if anything else fun happens while I am there and an updated post will be needed, cross your fingers for not!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: