Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wedding drama

Ok so I was in a wedding this past weekend and there was tons of drama and it's still going on and I want to scream! So I am going to blog about everything and let it all out...
When the bride got engaged her cousin appointed herself maid of honor. Ok that can be over looked if she was a good maid of honor but she is where all the drama started so here is what she did or didn't do:
1. MOH lives a couple of states away so she had to come down to the wedding location. But she doesn't have a car so she was going to take the train with her 2 daughters and mother on Wed but couldn't b/c of a work obigation. This is no biggie and well annoying at the last minute something that can be gotten over. So she was to be down no later than 8 pm on Thursday but decided at the last minute that this was too expensive and she wanted to take the grey hound bus in which case she wouldn't be down here until 2 am Friday morning and would need to be picked up in the heart of DC???!!!!???? are you kidding me??? well then she decided that wasn't going to work for whatever reason so she would come in at 10:30 am the day before the wedding and still need to be picked up. I have no idea what time she finally got into the state but the bride didn't pick her up the brides grammy did so the MOH didn't get down to the bride until 2:20-3pm. This day was supposed to be spent getting little things done in the AM and getting mani/pedi's in the afternoon. She missed all of this b/c she can't driver herself down.

2. The bride was so laid back about the dresses. She told us at the beginning of the year she wanted us in black, she didn't care what type of dress as long as it was black. No problem, that is so great, my dress cost $19.99 awesome!!! Well the MOH had her daughters in the wedding as jr. bridesmaids. Instead of spending the 10 months before the wedding finding a dress that would work she waited until the last minute and had her mother make the girls dresses. She told the bride the dresses would have a white jacket over them but would be all black. Well she lied!!!! The dresses had a white top and a black skirt bottom b/c the girls needed a black and white dress for band. When the bride gets mad b/c this is not what she wanted the MOH gets mad at the bride and tells her she is being a bridezilla. So the bride decides she wants to buy the girls dresses but the MOH tells her it would kill her mother if the girls don't wear her home made dresses. My response to that was that the girls would wear those to band things but the wedding dress was supposed to be all black. Get over yourself.

3. My pet peeve is that the MOH did nothing with her hair nor did she wear any make up that I could tell. She was in a wedding she should have done something.

4. And finally the date came onto and kissed my date!!!! Yes I told her he was my friend however he was still there with me!!! It is not my fault she had no date and she had no right to kiss my date. I know he is not completely blameless and I did speak to him about this but still I am so mad at her for her whorishness!!!

So after all of this I have kept my mouth shut. I did not say anything to the whore of a MOH for kissing my date and why b/c it was the brides day and drama needed to stay out of it. I tried very hard to keep the children in line so neither the bride nor groom would have to deal with it. I tried she on the other had did all she could to disrupt everything and now, now the bride's grandmother is guilting her telling her that the day shouldn't have been all about the bride and she owes the MOH an apology. Like hell she does!! The MOH was all in the wrong and is only mad that she has no man herself and maybe if she didn't try to sleep with anything with a willy then she would have a man. Oh and maybe if she could get her stuff together and move out on her own instead of living with her mother! That may help. I think she wants a man to come in and take care of her and you know what I don't know if there are too many men out there that want to deal with all of that. She needs to grow up and get her own life.

As for the rest of the brides family, why are they all snowed by the MOH??? How is she the victim in all of this? She didn't do anything she was supposed to do and could not be counted on. Oh yes and she was supposed to bring a card for the digital camera and didn't do I did the day of the wedding. I had to buy it b/c she couldn't be bothered to help. I am so happy she lives so far away b/c if I never see her again it will be too late.

I am sorry bridie but I think you need to write off the majority of your family. MOH is selfish and everyone else falls for her b.s. If they can't be supportive they can walk away. MOH is not innocent in all of this and doesn't deserve a free pass b/c she was drinking, she shouldn't drink if she cannot behave herself-plain and simple.

No comments: