Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crazy neighbor

How is it that I always meet the crazy ones? The monster met a new friend 2 weeks or so ago and it was an interesting meeting with the mom to start with and I thought she was odd. The monster comes running in the house telling me a mom wants to meet me so I go outside to meet her and she immediately hugs me and yells "friends, I have friends". Ok fine she is odd but the child is nice and he and the monster get along well so I let it go.
Well today she calls me to "vent" telling me all crap about her significant other who is mentally abusive but never in front of the child. Right b/c kids can never tell when the shit is hitting the fan. So her significant other tells her how stupid she is and has isolated her from her friends and family and on and on. Holy Cow! She is in therapy which is why I think she is able to talk about what's going on but I don't think she really gets it. She thinks that b/c she has spent a year and a half living with him in his house that she is committed to him and doesn't want to start over. WTF??? get out!!!
Now I am conflicted do I continue to let the monster hang out over there? the child is well behaved so I don't want to punish the kids, they generally enjoy each others company but I don't think I want the monster exposed to the crazy stuff. I am going to have to talk to him to see if he has noticed anything, he would normally tell me about such stuff but now I am thinking he may not tell me if he is worried he might be able to play with the child.
I am worried if I try to help this woman, which is my nature, that I could be in physical danger b/c the guy she lives with may be off his rocker!!! ARG!

No comments: