Wednesday, September 8, 2010

10 years ago today...

I was awoken at 2 AM with the beginnings of labor. By 6pm 10 years ago I was checked into the hospital waiting on the arrival of my little guy. Then at 7:03AM on 9/9/00 he was born.

Now I do not consider myself an overly emotional person but just thinking about the fact that my child is going to be 10 years old tomorrow has thrown me through a ridiculous loop!! I pulled out his baby photos, I posted one on the FB and everything! I have been thinking about tomorrow's FB post and everything I think about is incredibly cheesy but all true. I look at him and am just amazed at how fast he has grown and how much he is like me and my family. I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to raise this child and just pray I do not cause to high a therapist bill when he is an adult.

I have been stressing about how to celebrate his big day for months. He decided he didn't want a party b/c he wanted me to buy him a long board!! He knows how expensive the boards are and thought he had a better chance of getting it if I didn't throw the party. He got his way and there is no party and he got the board tonight which has him too excited its unreal. Tomorrow I will wake him up with a present and have one to match on my desk at work since he is going with me for my half day of work. Then I will take him to the skate park before home for dinner and ice cream cake. We then have cake/ice cream with my fam on Sat night and his dad's family on Sunday afternoon. Then next Friday a karaoke night with some of my friends. So for not having a party this child sure is getting to celebrate an awful lot!

Well off to make sure his gift is ready for tomorrow as my child grows into a man....(so not ready for what's coming next!!!)

No comments: