Thursday, September 11, 2008

Girls weekend

The plan: To go on a girls weekend to the beach.

The Players: My bff, her older sister and her younger sister

The beginning: In May my bff asked me if I would like to go on this trip with her and her sisters. Hells yes I reply. I haven't been on a girls weekend ever and this would be fun. So we get it all planned and since I had just paid off a credit card, we put it on my card to allow everyone some time to get the money to me to pay for this.

Issue # 1: The older sister decides in July she cannot come b/c it will cost too much. The deal was if you could not go someone would have to be found to take your place before you get your money back. That was the fair way to do things. Well someone else was found, a friend of the younger sister, but the older sister didn't get her money back fast enough so she got nasty and blew up everyones email. Ok she got her money she has now shut up and after her behavior, I am done planning anything ever again with her. Mind you I have known this family for almost 15 years so it's not like I made this decision lightly.

After all of that and it went on for a good month everyone would be all dramaed out. Well you would be wrong....

Issue #2: who is driving? My bff offered to drive if we would help with gas money. She said about $20-25 a person to get us to the beach and back. Not a problem until 2 weeks before we are to leave when the younger sister decides she doesn't have too much money and wants us to ride in her car. The issue is between a mustang and a scion. I think the mustang is bigger and that my bff is a better driver. I would rather go with her. Well the younger one isn't having that, she wants to take her car. So I offer up mine, a PT- 4 door sedan!! My bff says that would be fine but the younger sister is offended that bff will willing go in my car and not hers. Again I have a bigger more accomadating vehicle. Whatever.

So I am not done and there was no resolution to that one.

Issue # 3: When we will leave to get there and come home. The younger sister emails me about this and I tell her I have to drop off my son by 8 and can be at bff house a little after that. We would then have to pick her up b/c she isn't leaving her car at bff's house and be on the road by 9-9:30. Well that's too late according to her. Fine why don't you meet us somewhere? Oh no she cannot do that b/c then she would have to leave her car.
Coming back I said that I wanted to be home by 6 to pick up my son from daycare and again she has a cow!!! b/c she doesn't want to be home that early. Now mind you we are leaving Friday morning and won't be back until Monday night. We all have children and all have to work on Tuesday so I don't think being home by 6 is a bad thing at all.
So b/c of this she decides she is going to drive herself. Now if you remember from issue #2 she didn't have $20 for gas but now she has enough money to drive herself.

I lost it at this point and told her just that, also throwing in that I don't have a husband to watch my child when ever I want to go out like she does.
She responded about how she didn't know there would be time constraints and all of this other crap so she would drive herself and her friend. Good I am glad.

However all is not over as the two sisters then get into an escalated argument about all of this and the final resolution: ...the trip has been cancelled....

This sucks on a number of levels. 1 I dont get this fun girls weekend I have been looking forward to but more importantly 2 b/c this went on my credit card and the credit will be on my card i now have to reimberse the other 3. My bff is being decent about it and told me to take my time, I will reimberse the friend right away b/c she had nothing to do with this. but the younger siser who by the way shorted me $15 in the first place will also have to wait.

Times like these make me glad I don't have biological sisters. I have some great girl friends who are like sisters but no biological just 2 stinky brothers. So this was my fun over the past few days at work I am so done!!!
Thanks for reading the silly saga of a friend and two sisters....

No comments: