Monday, September 29, 2008

Eharmony

I joined eharmony. I got tired of the dating scene or lack there is so I thought I would try something new. For the most part it has been slow going and I am kind of ready to stop paying month to month for this service that I don't feel like I am getting anything out of.
I did meet a guy and we are dating right now. He is nice but I don't get the butterflies from him it may be b/c I know I really don't have time and he lives an hour away from me which makes things hard. He also works an odd shift where his days off are Mon and Tues and he works nights. Its hard for me to get out during the week with the monster and finding a sitter. I can get a sitter on the weekends easier but he works. So we are trying.

I have had 2 experiences that make me want to scream. The first was this guy who started the process with me, I will admit I don't start the process. I am not that bold. So I knew this guy wasn't going to be for me, he was too old, lived to far away, and way to into appearance so I couldn't figure out why he was communicating with me. Well I found out that POS decided to get to the open communication part where you can email back and forth and the first email is reaming me out for having a child and then getting a divorce. Are you kidding me buddy??? Oh I was so hot, I responded telling him that basically its none of his business and to go to hell then I closed the match. I don't need that and if he was only going to yell then he shouldn't have contacted me!!!

Experience number 2 is still going on but I am annoyed which only solidifies my desire to get off this website!!! I am a closet smoker. I don't smoke around my child, family, and those I know do not like smoking. I try not to smell like smoke but its my decision. I don't hide this fact on eharmony so if someone is matched with me why would they choose to talk to me knowing that I smoke? It's so aggravating. This guy wasn't too bad until his smoking rant. I cannot argue with him b/c he is right but why would he choose to talk to me then? Lordie, I don't talk to those I see something and don't like it. I mean come on now buddy.

Let me just say a few things about this. I do not plan to smoke the rest of my life, I have a cut off date which is nearing. I also know that if I ever plan to have a child I will quit b/c I wouldn't do that to a child. So why then do I smoke, I don't know. I have thought about going to a hypnotise to try and quit then I would never want to smoke again. I guess we will see where the future leads but oh am I annoyed. I just want to scream at this point.

So the moral of this blog: dating is dating no matter where you are! Some people can luck out and find the person of their dreams on Eharmony and some can do the same thing at a bar or through a friend or on the street. It just happens. Blah!

No comments: