Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last strike out

I had been trying a new dating site up until a few months ago. I swear I know people who have met their significant others online and are blissfully happy, I also swear I am not one of those people who is destined to find someone online.


So I meet this man and he seems nice if not a tad over religious but I think to myself, hey why not give him a chance. "You never know until you try it" and "Never judge a book by its cover" are what I keep repeating to myself so as not to repeat the same tattooed patterns I had been.


We meet in person and he is a nice enough man, a bit conservative and that makes me nervous since I am so not but I figure why not keep talking to him. He starts meeting me for lunch once a week and since I only get a half hour and he lives 40 min away he is really putting in a decent effort. Its nice to be doted on, he also pays for everything. I feel bad about this so we are going to the movies and I get there first and pay and he was highly offended that I paid, he said it made him look bad. This probably should have been a warning but I let that slide.


Things are progressing, a bit slowly, bc we live so far away from each other and he is a nurse so he works crazy hours. Then one Friday we are discussing our Sat night plans and this is the text exchange:

Lunch date: We will see each other tomorrow right?
Me: Tomorrow evening, what would you like to do?
Lunch date: Yes tomorrow evening. I was thinking maybe we can have dinner and then maybe if it si oke with you maybe we can spend alone time. Maybe we can check into hotel and spend alone time together, we don't have to stay over night. What do you think?

Well I thought he was nuts and I wasn't really happy being propositioned and I told him so. Which he then got offended bc I didn't want to see him. He ends the text conversation with something like this: "I thought this was going somewhere, I put too much faith in you, I am a good person I will find what I am looking for I hope you do to." I thought it was done, I didn't respond to that and just let it go.

Then on Monday/Tuesday he starts sending me apologizing texts and one said he was upset bc I wasn't understanding him. Well if this is how you act when you are misunderstood then I am really glad I let him go. A full week after the "alone time" texticapade. He sends me another text asking if I have ever been in love with someone but didn't know how to tell them. I told him Nope, never happened and then he proceeds to tell me his heart was closed off until he met me and he is in love with me. I told him I thought he was more right a week ago and good luck finding someone else.

What the hell buddy, no you do not love me!! You thought that by saying that you would get into my panties and you would be wrong. The crazy alert bell was ringing for this one and I am glad I got out when I did. But he will forever be known as the "alone time guy".

No comments: