Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

First and foremost Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there. Whether your children are young or old whether your children are with you or not happy mothers day.
This year is significant for a 2 reasons, 1-its the first for my family without my grandmother. I don't think today was as hard as I imagined it would be. I think I was so planned with things to do I didn't allow myself time to really think and dwell on it. Christmas was harder b/c she had just past and things were so different. I did spend time with some of my family which was nice and similar to what we have done in years past.
2-my dear friend lost her son this past January he was only 5. I sent her a card to let her know I was thinking about her and know this is going to be tough. I know she got it b/c she emailed me about it. I know I could have called or emailed or texted or even myspaced her but I wanted to do something different and I know she likes cards so that is what I did. She is a strong woman so I know she will get through it I also know things are tough right now so if I can give her a little extra support I will.

So my day was busy with food, I had 3 meals to attend, I am soo stuffed. It ended on a rather funny note. I have made a habit of telling my son that when he is a mom he will get to make the rules. Its my funny way of saying b/c I said so without really saying that b/c I would never say such a thing (or so I told my self when I thought about raising a child). So tonight he says "I am never going to be a mommy so stop saying that" my roommate chuckled as she walked in the garage and I promptly told him to go to bed. Well yes he knows he will never be a mommy but I will probably use this line many more times to come especially in these dreaded teen years .

Happy Mothers day to all-hope you got enough rest so that tomorrows start of the work week doesn't suck and that if you had to be with dreaded family members i.e. in-laws or even ex-in-laws it wasn't that bad.

No comments: