Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Loneliness attracts the oddest people...

Sat night I was home alone and a little bummed bc yet again I thought I was going out on a date and again was left hanging...so I got online to the dating site I have been frequenting as of late and met a guy. It was super late but we were chatting and we decided to meet up for a bit. He told me that he was renting a room in this area but his daughter was living in southern MD with his parents and her mom is completely out of the picture. Turns out he is living in a half way house to which he told me he prefers living in a sober house but can leave at any time. I wonder if this is true, I could do some internet research but I don't care enough.
So... I thought I could let that go bc he was a nice enough guy until Sunday when he knew I was at church and still decided to call me 5 times between 9 and noon. What is that about. Luckily I didn't have my phone on me for those calls or I might have gone off then. Instead we spoke with I got home and then I got off the phone to take care of my child. After I was done parenting I fell asleep which was a big mistake bc he called me 5 or 6 times and left 3 messages!!! I finally answered the phone and let him know that he the amount of calls were ridiculous! I thought I got through to him but then Monday he called 3 times while I was at work.
Tuesday night was the final straw when he called 4 times in 6 minutes and left a message saying "hey its me, call me when you get this or I will just call you again" and he did!!! So I picked up and told him I was busy which I was. He called today to apologize and said he went to a meeting and spoke about his behavior and was going to another one tonight. Well la-ti-da. I don't care. I have and off switch and he clicked it about 15 phone calls ago...So hopefully he got the hint and will leave me alone.

Now what did I learn from all of this...no more late night websites! and I a break is needed from this online stuff bc what does it bring...a guy who decides I am not affectionate enough, a player type who's voice doesn't match his extra large stature, and then the stalker...just wow...

No comments: